In an ever-changing world, ABS faced with challenges in digitalization to improve the reliability and performance of their shipping operations. ABS aimed to enhance their Digital solutions and Nautical Systems Software across marine assets, streamline processes, and deliver high-quality solutions to their customers. The objectives were to:
- Strengthen their digital solutions and nautical system products.
- Quickly ramp up a dedicated offshore development team to meet the demand
- Achieve cost-effective and quality results through efficient project management.
Scope Of Work
Relia Software provided ABS with a dedicated offshore development team located in Vietnam. We concentrated on keeping lines of communication open and ensuring that all participants both onshore (ABS’s global team distributed across US, Singapore, India and Philippines) and offshore were aligned with ABS’s goals.
The team structure:
- UI Developers
- IBM Maximo Developers
- Java Developers
- QA Automation Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
Working diligently to understand ABS's core business model and tailored their services to match.
Performing a thorough analysis, identified areas for improvement, and implemented the necessary changes.
Tackling tasks ranging from improving the functionalities, user interface & experiences to optimize system performance.
Implementing an agile methodology which allows for continuous improvement and feedback incorporation. The team held regular meetings to keep all stakeholders informed and risks identified early.
Results & Impact
The offshore development team’s efficient efforts resulted in major enhancements to ABS’s nautical systems products and digital solutions.
The successful implementation of improvements led to:
- Enhanced system performance and user experience.
- Streamlined internal processes
- Improved quality of digital solutions.
Furthermore, the offshore team’s operation allowed ABS to benefit from cost efficiencies, saving them investments in infrastructure and recruitment processes.
- 2 months from the day of signing the contract, we formed a 6-person team
- 2021, we had extended it to a total of 18 employees working across multiple ABS business units such as Nautical systems, WaveSight and ABS Digital Fleet.